All parents are regarded as members of our setting who have full participatory rights. These include a right to be:
- Valued and respected
- Kept informed
- Involved and included at all levels
As a community based, voluntary managed setting, we also depend on the good will of parents and their involvement to keep going. Membership of the pre-school carries expectations on parents for their support and commitment. Please visit our Fundraising page to find out how you can get involved.
Our Pre-School recognises parents/carers as the first and most important educators of their children. All our staff see themselves as partners with you in providing care and education for your child. There are many ways in which parents take part in making the setting a welcoming and stimulating place for children and parents, such as:
- Exchanging knowledge about their children’s needs, activities, interest and progress with the staff
- Being a parent helper or sharing their own special interests in a Pre-school session
- Helping to provide, make and look after equipment and materials used in the children’s play activities
- Joining the Management Committee
- Supporting/attending Fundraising activities or joining the Fundraising Team
- taking part in events and informal discussions about the activities and curriculum provided by the Pre-School
More information can be found in our Parent Handbook, available to download here.